3.20.2015

Book Bag - no. 18



That little green book you see is called, This is Just to Say: Poems of Apology and Forgiveness.  I had to do a double take at the library, to make sure I was seeing the title correctly. It is collection of poems written by a sixth grade class, and then the responses to them. Beautiful and Funny and Poignant.

This time we treated, Follow Follow as a game of riddles. One of us would read the poem, and the rest would have to guess which fairy tale it was created for.  I think that's the whole point of the book, but the game deeply satisfied Fiona, who is always asking me for a riddle, at which my mind goes completely blank.  So now she can look back on her childhood with fond memories of her riddling mother. Mission accomplished. Thank you, Marilyn Singer.
***
Tonight is one of those Friday nights that I am actually looking forward to. It feels like it has been a while with March threatening to freeze us to death.  We are dismissing Fiona early from to school to go to one of those crazy trampoline parks. There was a sale running, and a friend going, and with sheets of ice as far as the eye can see; I am more excited about this than I care to admit.  And then we come home to pizza, and root beer, and licorice and Dr. Doolittle.  Fo' shizzle! And this is just even more amplified because I actually got my brother's wedding gift in the mail a good three hundred and sixty days earlier than etiquette required me to. Talk about peace of mind. I found the most amazing, cast iron candle holders at Patch NYC in the south end of Boston. They were exactly what I was hoping to find, along with one of most memorable shopping experiences I have had in years. 

And on that note, I bid you, adieu. I hope that something in your own evening tonight brings you rest. 

1 comment:

Melissa Martin said...

Fiona and her riddling mother. hilarious. thanks for the reading list and lovely friday evening read.