5.31.2020

A Morning In May

When you sit by an open window while the lilacs are in bloom you can be easily tricked into thinking the world is a perfect and wonderful place. Perfume in the air transports. Ignorance is bliss. The windwoman sings you her wonderful ripply song.  But ignorance this morning is impossible. People protest, and shout, and stand. Things are burning. Good things and bad things. The belief that things are better than they once were is up in flames. It's hard to imagine what will be born from the ashes.

 This week, I discovered a new resource called Open Library. I found it looking for a book called, Bright April by Marguerite de Angeli.  I was looking for Bright April because Carla Hayden, the fourteenth Librarian of Congress said that it was her favorite book in a video celebrating the New York Public Library's 125th birthday. According to Wikipedia, Bright April, published in 1946 was the first children's book to address the divisive issue of racial prejudice, a daring topic for a children's book of that time.



I won't pretend to have helpful words during a time such as this. George Floyd should be alive right now enjoying a beautiful May morning with his family. But instead he is dead because he was killed.  Let us disrupt systemic racism, resist easy answers, and talk to our children about race and equality. Justice for George Floyd.
 

1 comment:

dominguezmarta said...

Most binary options companies out there are fraudulent. They are all scams. I have been a victim of their activities. I invested about $480,000 and when i wanted to withdraw after some months, I was unable to reach their contact numbers or emails with which we stayed in touch. I assumed they were having some maintenance routing check, as that had happened in the past. After some weeks, I was contacted again by them and was asked to invest which i refused and told them i wanted to withdraw my money. After this, i didn’t hear from them again. At this point, I started to feel like i had been duped. I was lost and shattered as i had lost most of my savings. I was depressed for about 3 months. I was too ashamed to tell anyone about it, not even my children. I finally summoned the courage to tell my friend who came to visit me in the UK from New Zealand. He told me about a man who specializes on helping get money back called (Troy Hermes) that he's one of the top heads in one of the CIA departments.
I contacted through the email address I was given after much research about him. and surprisingly I was guided to recovering 93% of my money back. It was a great feeling to get my money back, as i had given up all hope. You can also contact him through the mail address.
(troyhermes8@gmail.com)
Note: I had to share this information because I had the feeling of helping scam victims as I was.
If you see this and you are not actually a victim kindly copy and share for others.
Someone other there needs to be saved.
Thanks and be safe.