9.24.2016

The stories we choose

Every day in a library, I watch
for the people
and the stories they choose

Every day in a library, I see
the books
and the people they chose

Every day in a library, I listen
for the questions
and what they ask

Can I get the pink one?
Can I get the fast one?
Can I get the black one?

Yes, you can get the pink one
Yes, you can get the fast one
Yes, you can get the black one

But with the pink, comes the brown
But with the fast, comes the slow
And the black, comes the rainbow


This is some of what we have been reading. Fiona bingeing on some Cushman, Myles a lovely Arthurian series, and I have been savoring DeJong's poignant childhood tales.

The other day I overheard Myles asking our librarian to request, Shane.  He enjoyed it and I enjoyed having at title lying around that didn't come from me. And the cover was just plain great.


1 comment:

Melissa Martin said...

This is lovely. The poem and the books. Words and a collection to reread and remember.