4.28.2014

The Book Bag

 Myles arrived home from what might be the highlight of his childhood, trying to be all, no big deal... but we could see the happiness around the corners of his mouth.  Bracing myself for his re-entry, I found a new, never been read before issue of Lucky Luke. It was resting nonchalantly on the coffee table, waiting for his arrival.  He dove right for it and it helped take the edge off his first night of, the party's over blues. The right book is the best crutch ever.  I used to do that for him when he would wake up from his naps as a two year old. I would stage board books on the floor of the living room, propped up like a little library, hoping it would help kick the grogginess out. It sometimes would.  I am happy that some things never change.




the out takes...

2 comments:

Melissa Martin said...

Yes, I'm glad some things never change. :)

andrea (book-scout) said...

Ha! I do the same. Success rate post-nap is about 50%, but higher if I leave a pretzel stick or two on top. (Also, really love Murilla Gorilla.)