11.07.2012

Airplanes Soaring! Turning! Diving!

This week I chatted with a BFF who recently gave birth to a bouncing baby boy.  We began a discussion bemoaning all the horrible "truck books" out there.  You know the ones I'm talking about -with the bad photographs of forklifts and backhoes circa 1970.  One is literally bored to tears reading about the different levers of a digger's doodads.  "And this is the articulated fire truck!"  No, thanks!  
Fortunately we've all been saved from this drudgery by Patricia Hubbell's vehicle series. 


These books are so fun to read.  They have a delightful rhythm with graphics that are nothing but artistic genius! And for the truck purists, she has that covered too. Cars Rushing! Honking! Zooming! was our family favorite.

2 comments:

Kit said...

Emily!!! I JUST now realized that you commented on my blog and I'm so glad to find you here! I love reading your thoughts...makes me wish we were still in the picture book phase...only Lucy really reads them anymore, though I still check them out from the (lame) library here. How is life on the South Shore? Love to all of you.

Emily said...

Great to find you too!!! I am also adjusting to my new library. :) the south shore is new, good, and hard all at the same time. I love following you :)